Subject: Re: Hampson destroying .... Luisotti the biggest scourge of all
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Mar 2017 23:57:15 -0500

You're right about Rysanek, Varnay, and Domingo.  I'd also add Kirsten Flagstad to the list.  Had she not become ill in the very late 1950s (during which time she was still doing recordings for Decca/London), her voice would have endured and had she wished (which she didn't), she could have continued her career in some capacity.  The voice, save for the uppermost notes, never abandoned her.