Subject: Re: Marjorie Lawrence Research - call out for participant and/or funding
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:42:33 -0400

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, Marty Clesceri wrote:

> Have you viewed the movie about her starring Elanor Parker and Glen Ford
> with the vocals of Eileen Farrell, "Interrupted Melody"?

Not recently.  I'm glad I read her autobiography before I saw the film.
Typical of Hollywood, the film turns her life into a melodrama.  A film has got
to keep its audience, after all.  The film's end is its climax where she pulls
herself up on two feet as she sings the Liebestod - a tale of spirit over
physical odds.  The reality was that she pretty much gave up opera and became a
concert singer.

What did you want to know specifically?

   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users