Subject: Re: GIORGIO!!
From: Myriam Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 2 Mar 2017 10:43:33 -0500

Baritone Nelson Martínez sang Nabucco for the Florida Grand Opera about two
years ago. He stormed up the house with his huge and stentorian voice and
the Miami audience went wild. His is a voice capable of doing justice to
Verdi's heavy baritone roles. He arrived from Cuba two or three years ago
and since then has sung in different operatic venues. I'm so glad that he
is finally singing at the Met. He deserves a big career and I hope that the
Met can give him more roles to sing, instead of using the same
run-of-the-mill baritones like Lucic, Gagnidze, Dobber almost every year.
Bravo for Mr. Martínez.

Myriam