Subject: Netrebko and Kaufmann
From: "Takis Pavl." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Mar 2017 13:16:52 +0000

Speaking of Jonas Kaufmann, has anyone noticed how few times he's performed operas with Anna Netrebko? They're arguably the superstars of our time, I wonder if they're just too expensive to hire in the same production or perhaps they don't like to work together. Or, which I find quite possible, their PR team doesn't think it's a good idea to compete for stardom in the same production. Naughty question but who do you think would get the biggest applause? They've appeared in concert a few times, I've found a ROH Traviata from 2008 but not much else which is odd considering they're now performing similar repertoire. Has anyone seen them together on stage? I guess with the number of his cancellations in the US, you'd be lucky to see just him. For what it's worth, I find it totally reasonable that after his divorce he thinks it's important to spend time closer to his children. He's sung at the MET, he has plenty of offers in Europe, why bother?
Takis