Subject: Re: RIP Kurt Moll
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Mar 2017 19:03:59 -0500

I'm thinking that the first time I heard Moll was when I was a teen, as Osmin on the
recording of Entfuhrung (with Auger/Grist/Schreier) - which I don't think I've heard in
years, but I remember as being one of those recordings that went the cheesy option of
having non-singing actors do all the dialogue (which always sounded phony to me). On the
original LP release, they also included Der Schauspieldirektor with the same singers.

In any case, I remember those marvelous round low notes - something that was so
intriguing to me back in those days (we expect the high notes, but the singers that can
really make a meal of the low notes seem rarer). Certainly the right way to hear my first
Osmin, lol.

Of course, he was much more than just a low note singer - the whole voice was marvelous
and memorable, as others have posted already.

RIP, Kurt.