Subject: Re: Werther last Saturday - Noel, certainement
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Mar 2017 13:57:50 -0500

At the Met, if off-stage singing is indicated in a score, that effect tends
be exaggerated to the point of inaudibility.  Even Manrico's part in the
"Miserere" duet usually suggests that the tenor has been incarcerated in
a jail on the other side of town, Turridu serenades Lola from many blocks
away,
and the assorted heavens sound more remote than one ever feared.

dtmk.