Subject: Re: GIORGIO!!
From: robert levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 Mar 2017 22:43:56 -0500

I just came from the House - he was fabulous. Big, heavy man - no actor -
grand, bass-baritone voice, excellent musician:
American baritone Nelson Martínez made his Met debut earlier this year as
Monterone in Verdi’s *Rigoletto*. He has previously sung the role of
Giorgio Germont with Opera Naples in Naples, Florida. His other recent
performances include Scarpia in Puccini’s*Tosca, *the title role of
*Rigoletto, *and Roque in Arrieta’s *Marina *at Miami Lyric  Opera; and
Iago in Verdi’s *Otello *and the title role of *Falstaff* at the Teatro
Municipal de São Paulo.