Subject: Re: Wow! To this we've come. No comment, no interest?
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Mar 2017 00:58:02 -0500

You are simply evidence (and not alone) in what is called the destruction of the Met's patrimony, which is why Gelb's  years at the helm of the Met has been so ruinous.  This is not something that will be easily stopped, let alone reversed, when Gelb is finally replaced.   The Met's Board of Directors (aka Board of Sheep) bears prime responsibility for allowing this to happen.    Unlike all of them, at least Louis XV did not suffer from compound stupidity -- "après moi le déluge".    I saw it happen with the Opera Company of Boston thirty years ago -- "You can't hold us responsible for anything.  As board members we were volunteers working for a non-profit and only trying to do good."

Best from Boston.

Ray Gouin

***