Subject: Re: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Tosca (2017-18)
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 5 Mar 2017 08:46:03 -0500

Wow!  Just wow!   Project much?  You put the fanatic back into fan, that's
for sure.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even (unfortunately) folks like you who
appear to be unable to be rational by writing all people who don't believe
as you do are nobodies, nothings, riffraff.  Attempting to control what
people think and write certainly seems to set you up as queen / empress of
the universe--I suppose next will be the order to lop off the heads of folks
who don't agree with you.

Here's the thing:  people are not wrong in stating the obvious:  Kaufmann
signs contracts and then backs out of them.  That observation isn't fake;
it's truth.  You may not like it, but stating truth does not make the person
who is telling it riffraff.  Nor does it mean that 'so many opera lovers
seem to hate and despise singers.'  It just means that Kaufmann's behavior
is anomalous and speculation (ranging from benign to less so, but never, as
far I have read, crossing the line into hatred).

Speculation as to why Kaufmann backs out of contracts is a reasonable mental
activity.  That doesn't make the folks who indulge nobodies.  It makes them
human.

You may not like that, especially since you seem to have a penchant for
idolizing a handful of tenors (and former tenors) to the point of perhaps
crossing a line into obsession--but that doesn't make you somebody.  That
just makes you hyper partisan and perhaps too sensitive when it comes to
comments you misinterpret as attacks on your beloveds.

Please come back to us when you have grown up and grown out of your
infantile adoration of Jonas Kaufmann and realize that negative comments
don't equate to folks hating and despising singers.

Wow!  Just wow!