Subject: Re: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Tosca (2017-18) (Callas)
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 4 Mar 2017 18:33:31 -0500

Callas had the reputation for being the first to arrive at a rehearsal and for being the last to leave. She would also arrive at the first rehearsal knowing her part completely.  Her greatness did not come automatically but with a combination of talent and a great work ethic.  Add to that that she did not leave it to the music to carry her roles alone (as many lazy singers do).

Best from Boston.
Ray Gouin

***