Subject: Re: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Tosca (2017-18)
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 4 Mar 2017 16:37:32 -0500

Kaufmann has stated repeatedly that he prefers to just come in with minimum

rehearsal and sing in a revival.  A new production requires lots of time at rehearsal

that Kaufmann feels is non-revenue producing.  The Met in particular gives its

artists tons of rehearsal and it shows in the very high level of musical preparation

we see from them every day.  Mattila stated many years ago (pre- Pappano) in

OPERA that the Met has the best coaches, that they are all conductors and superior

the those at CG.  Kaufmann has had to cancel dates that have lost him a lot of

much-needed income.  Naturally he would like to maximize his income during

these important years of his career.  He has admitted his mistakes and wants to

make the best decisions for his future.

Angelo from  Boston