Subject: Re: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Tosca (2017-18)
From: Larry Kellum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 4 Mar 2017 16:35:56 -0500

NO, no, no!!!! You people probably didn't grow up in the
Caballe/Stratas/Moffo era like I did where they cancelled more than
appeared. I have a PERSONAL friend of one of them (no name mentioned)
who is her cousin....................told me under his breath they
deliberately would announce they were singing such & such wherever
JUST to sell tickets & had NO intention of doing that role at that
time! They were SCAMMERS............for publicity............. in that
respect! This is disgusting, then or today, w/ sopranos or Kaufmann &
Juan Diego!...................Larry