Subject: Re: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Tosca (2017-18)
From: DK Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 4 Mar 2017 09:49:32 -0500

It is not only the art community and it is not only the US.  Recruiting top scientific talent
is having the same difficulties.  I know personally of a couple of recent examples when,
after considerable time and effort had been spent in international talent search and
recruitment, offers to leading researchers (both Europeans) were turned down explicitly
because the scientists did not want to bring their families to the US under the current
administration.  I have heard indirectly of some similar cases in the UK.
DK