Subject: Re: Fwd: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Tosca (2017-18)
From: Maria Louise Augusta Helleberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 4 Mar 2017 09:02:41 +0100

JK has been cancelling the mos innocent performances - he didn't sing a
note of music at the Echo prize concert, for instance. But he DID make a
triumphal comeback as Lohengrin. In the last few years he has been signing
up for a lot of new parts - Bacchus, Manrico, Alvaro, Enee, Chenier,
Radames - only to drop them. Chenier seems to fit his voice and
personality. He has never sung Enee on stage, which opened the door for
Bryan Hymel. What can he do now? Returnm to Florestan, Lohengrin, Siegmund,
Parsifal and the other "perfect fits"? He is engaged to sing his first
Otello in London this year - I have an uncanny feeling that he will do "a
Netrebko" who backed out of Norma and left the stage to Sonia
Yoncheva...but I still keep my tickets*...*
Maria Helleberg