Subject: Re: Semiramide mezzo vs soprano
From: Clarissa Cheer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 Mar 2017 15:29:49 -0500

Thank you Jim, I have a live recording myself. I was there- and had a very
close seat to the singers. June Anderson and Marilyn Horne looked ravishing
in sequin covered dresses if I remember right. Sam Ramey and Chris Merritt
were in top form, and the stage entrance was packed with people afterwards.
I think there were 75 in the chorus. I have the programme somewhere. This
performance was from Covent Garden and in concert 1986. Afterwards the Met
followed with the fully staged showing. At that time Rossini's serious
operas were not shown very much outside of Italy, and even now after brief
revivals during his 200 year birthday, it is not so easy to find live
showings.

Clarissa Lablache