Subject: Fwd: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Tosca (2017-18)
From: Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 3 Mar 2017 15:20:33 -0500

------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------

Vittorio Grigolo will sing the role of Cavaradossi for the first time in his
career in next season's much-anticipated new production of Puccini's Tosca,
opening on New Year's Eve. Grigolo replaces the originally announced Jonas
Kaufmann, after the Met learned earlier this week that Mr. Kaufmann was not
able to meet his commitments for the rehearsal and performance schedule.

"Our disappointment in losing Jonas was quickly reversed at the prospect of
Vittorio singing Cavaradossi," said Met General Manager Peter Gelb. "This
season, Vittorio has proven himself to be one of opera's most thrilling
performers."

--
forwarded by
   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users