Re: Rossini Opera Festival in New York City

Andrea Julian <[log in to unmask]>

Andrea Julian <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 6 Mar 2017 04:39:20 -0500

text/plain

You mentioned the San Francisco Opera's Maometto Secondo with Anderson,
Horne, and Merritt.

I got into Herb Caen's famous column in the San Francisco Chronicle with the
following in October 1988:

Andrea Julian overheard it after an S.F. Opera performance of Rossini's
"Maometto II," one woman to another: "I liked it, but I wonder why they did
the sequel first!"