Subject: Re: Lookin good/BEARDS ETC
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Feb 2017 13:56:34 -0500

Some men look good with beards.  Some hide their worst features with
beards, and some hide their best.  It is as much a matter of fashion as the
clothes we wear.  I have not been able to discern a political, philosophic,
aesthetic or professional. influence in the choice, but it remains a bit of
mystery why they are grown at all except that the maintenance of an
unshaven face may seem a chore to certain men  When it is not in fashion,
facial hair could be an affectation, designed to draw attention to one's
self.
Perhaps there is an economic factor similar to the supposed lowering of
women's hemlines when the market drops, followed by shorter skirts when
it soars: - actually I can recall only one instance of that sort of myth;
the
1929 crash.  Interesting discussion; thanks for your input.

P.S.  Wagner never grew a full beard, but sported an unusual amount of
growth under the chin and jaw which was imitated by Cesar Franck.

dtmk.