Subject: Re: Portrayal of Triquet in Eugene Onegin
From: Stephen Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:16:18 -0500

He is MONSIEUR TRIQUET so needs to be treated by the guests with great respect as he is a Francophone. He is older as his song is set to an accompaniment similar to bel canto, thus being a throwback as the time of bel canto was done when the opera was written. No need for foppish behavior. Just a gentleman in a 19th century oh so refined way

Sent from my iPad