Subject: Partners for the Arts and the Bulgarian Music Society present a soiree of arias at the Bulgarian Embassy (2-24-17)
From: Alan Savada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:26:09 -0500

Friday night Partners for the Arts which sponsors a vocal competition every April here in Washington sponsored a wonderful concert in cooperation with the Bulgarian Music Society of four singers who have all placed in the finals here in Washington over the past two years.

Three Sopranos saying admirably but it was based Timothy Bruno who excelled and shined in both of his pieces first La Calunnia from Barber of Seville and finally be quite funny Song of the Flea by Mussorgsky. I keep insisting that Timothy is indeed one of the funniest so I have ever heard but he excels at just about anything he puts his head/voice to.

Alexis Aime, who is presently at University of Maryland opened the program with Iolanta's Arioso and then returned for a superb Che Fiero Momento from Orfeo by Gluck, which she will sing in this spring at the University performances.
Jennifer Dunn, who just entered the doctoral program in music at Catholic University sang Signore Ascolta! from Turandot and the Viljalied from Merry Widow.
Lara Lynne McGill gave us Qui la voce sua soave from I Puritani and Sempre Libera from Traviata, no small feat within 20 minutes of each other!
It was a wonderful evening of music and while not everyone performed to perfection it showed that these singers have come forward tried competed and won.
Alan Savada
Washington DC (but now in San Antonio, TX at Culinary Institute of America boot camp!!
via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone