Subject: Re: Rusalka from the Met today
From: Donald S <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 26 Feb 2017 00:32:24 -0700

Obviously a mistake. The Puccini on that album is Un bel di, In quelle trine morbide, Donde lieta usci and O mio babbino caro. Far as I know Milanov never sang anything from Rondine. Early in her career she sang Turandot, Butterfly, Manon Lescaut, Giorgetta, Fanciulla and Tosca at least 20 years before her first at the Met in 1955. She sang Toscanini and Turandot in Buenos Aires in 1941. She had a very interesting rep in Europe prior to her Met career. She never sang Rusalka but she did sing Libuse.

Donald

Sent from my iPad