Subject: Re: Rusalka from the Met today
From: Michael McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 25 Feb 2017 19:45:14 -0500

Bob,

An old friend of mine, Bill Wells, had a radio program called “Opera for you” One night he broadcast an evening with Zinka Milanov which had been prerecorded. I was with him in his apartment during the broadcast and he received a call from the station that the broadcast was ending sooner than they had thought and what did Bill want to do. He called Milanov at home and asked her was there something particular she wanted to have played. She told him to play the aria from La Rondine — and that how proud she was about that recording. It was the first time I had heard her sing it and I can still remember how thrilling it was for me to hear it.

Best,
Michael

Michael J. McPherson