Subject: Leontyne Price on the Met's 50th year at Lincoln Center
From: charles mintzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 25 Feb 2017 18:21:20 -0500

At the "Rusalka” HD today, Matthew Polenzani was the host. During the second intermission he interviewed Peter Gelb about the 50th anniversary of the Met at Lincoln Center. Gelb said, among other things, that they are preparing a film, I guess a DVD, about that first season. I think he mentioned that the producer would be the woman who did the “Audition” and “The Ring” DVDs. He said that Leontyne Price, recently turned 90, would reminisce about that season, and we were given a preview. Miss Price, I think he said is now living in New Jersey or was in Maryland. Recently discovered black and white film has been discovered and Leontyne sang along with that film a few phrases from "Anthony and Cleopatra”  in her upper middle voice, still in good trim. She looked good, and this I think dispels recent speculation about her health and acuity. The feature they showed took I would estimate almost ten minutes. If they find more such archival film of that season, the DVD sounds very interesting and tempting.
Charles Mintzer