Subject: Re: Did anyone see the French Version of Tannhäuser in Monte Carlo?
From: James Bodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Feb 2017 17:55:16 -0500

Andrew Porter's fabulous translations of Wagner make it quite clear that
opera in translation can work well.   Porter's English RING has famously
been recorded on Chandos under Reginald Goodall.

Wagner himself expected his works to be done in translation outside
German speaking countries.

Jim Bodge

--
James Bodge

You only need two things: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If something moves and
it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape.  If it won't move and it should, use
the WD-40.