Subject: Re: Lookin good/BEARDS ETC
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:49:56 -0500

Why didn't you use one of your two daily messages to offer
something about opera, instead of complaining?   The best
way to improve any institution, is to present that institution with
one improved unit.  Read Clarissa Cheer's posting on the beard
phenomenon  as it affects opera composers, if you don't know
what I mean.

FYI, this topic was initiated by me as a question about
composers who grew beards and why they did so; how is that
not opera related?   I don't think it's been fully explored.  Besides,
if enough opera fans are interested in pursuing any subject, especially
during intervals when little else is being offered by any one on the list,
in my opinion that subject becomes sufficiently opera related - more so
than politics, I might add.

dtmk