Subject: Re: Philly is now hot?
From: DK Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Feb 2017 22:50:36 -0500

And who is going to argue with this?  (Though I would not call the Kosky/1927 Flute "David
Lynch-inspired".  It's more Buster Keaton.)
For the third or fourth season running, the Met's programming is inexcusably bland, with few
productions that interest me and one token contemporary work (not a world premiere).  For
the amount of money it takes an out of town visitor to see, say, three or four performances
at the Met through the season, one might as well put the money to better use on a trip to
Europe to see how truly vibrant opera can be.  Or, for that matter, a trip to Philadelphia.
DK