Subject: Re: Rusulk
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Feb 2017 18:19:01 -0500

Perhaps you can grow up enough to accept opinions at odds with your, if not
with grace than at least with equanimity.

One size does not fit everyone and I, for one, am sick to death of people
who go to a so-so performance and rave over it, even when citing any number
of problems and concerns.  Good, honest, objective criticism is one of the
reasons I first came to Opera-l, but more often than not all I read is is
flattering tributes to favorite singers who can do absolutely no wrong.

So, you see, you focus only on the relatively handful of negative reviews
while I, on the other hand, abhor the relentless Pollyannaism of a lot of
posters.  Perfection, I'm sure most will agree, is much more difficult to
achieve than what I read too often in these posts.