Subject: Giulio Gari
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Feb 2017 18:04:20 -0500

Listening to "Don Carlo" on Sirius today I discovered a tenor I never heard
of before and at first I thought it was Tucker.  I do think their voices are
similar.
Leonie really lets out all the stops in this one as Elisabetta.
The scene of the Grand Inquisitor was wonderful.  Merrill as Posa was
superb.  Hines executed a heartfelt "Ella giamma m'mo"(sp?).
This opera just grabs me, what can I say?
Verdi at his best.