Subject: Re: Rusulk
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:30:12 -0500

Deleted from where? Your personal email account? (All those posts are still in the archives
for everyone to see.)

Some people delete ALL emails (of all sorts) once they have read them. Some people keep
everything, some delete some of them. What does it matter?

I'm not sure what your symbolic purge means to anyone else but you.

Now - I'm not a fan of flame wars over singers myself. But I also feel that everyone has
the right to express their feelings about performances they hear. (Keeping in mind, of
course, that people all over the world - most probably including the singers we discuss -
may very likely be reading these posts. We tend to forget that. This is not an insular world
here.)

But please, by all means, delete whatever you want from your own account. That's your
first amendment right, lol. But why tell us? Just delete and be done with it.

I use the Opera-L online archive exclusively (which is very easy to do) - I find that much
better than having everything go to my email inbox. Maybe you should try that. Then you
only have to deal with the posts you want to read, and you don't have to delete anything
anyway.

LOOSEN UP...

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 22:09:23 +0000, Lloyd William Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Just so you know.

>I have just deleted all of the Rusulka responses that denigrated Opolaisí performances.
Talk >about an Opera web site that has nothing to say but invective.