Subject: Re: Munich Semiramide
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Feb 2017 16:24:56 -0500

Frank,

You will look for it in vain - its not there - a disgrace give the fact
that Brownlee was the Idreno.  I've actually seen Semiramide more times
than either Boheme or Carmen and in a long history with the work have
only experienced both of Idreno's arias performed in Pesaro in the early
90s - first with Gregory Kunde, then by Rockwell Blake and in the MET's
first iteration with Chris Merritt and Stanford Olsen.  When the MET
revived it a few years later, "Ah dov'e il cimento" was cut.  It will be
interesting to see if they allow Camerena both when it is revived next
March.

Steve