Subject: Re: another western
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Feb 2017 13:50:51 -0700

Riders of the Purple Sage had its premier last this past weekend in
Tucson.  It moves to Phoenix Symphony Hall for performances Friday,
Saturday and Sunday, March 3-5.  It has received a big advance here in
Arizona.  Lots of articles, events with Arizona Opera, workshops.  They are
really working it.  I've been told the Tucson premiere went well.  I am
seeing it on Friday.  Of course, I will give my 2 cents worth afterwards.

They did Butterfly earlier this year.  It would have been nice to do
Fanciulla instead and juxtapose the two westerns, one spaghetti, one
local.  I think it having been done last summer in Santa Fe may have
influenced the decision - that and getting a Minnie and Johnson they could
afford.

Donald

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/arts/2017/02/27/riders-purple-sage-arizona-opera-review/98482138/