Subject: Re: Next season at the Met
From: robert levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Feb 2017 19:00:05 -0500

Kos wrote:
I dunno.  With Broadway star Kelli O'Hara crossing over again in a much
more noteworthy role (Despina), I suspect Gelb is banking on filling those
seats with those who would attend Broadway musicals.  And I suspect he
might be right.
I think that's a stretch - if all you really like is recognizable, if
wonderful tunes from great B'way musicals, do you really want to spend
$200/ticket (average) for two 90 minute acts of a work you've never heard
and which is NOT by Puccini?
Bob