Subject: Fwd: Nicolas Palmer Memorial Service and Vocal Scholarship - the details
From: Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Feb 2017 18:40:53 -0500

------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------

Dear All,
In my earlier mail I mentioned that I would send out further details of
the Memorial Service to celebrate Nick’s life. My apologies to those of
you who have told me that you are unable to come to the Service, but some
of you who can’t come have asked for details of how to make donations to
the Nicolas Palmer Scholarship and so I have included full information on
this here.

Location

The Service is to be held at St. Alfege Church, Greenwich Church Street,
SE10 9BJ on 28 February at 2pm, following a private cremation.  At 3pm,
after the service, you are welcome to stay for refreshments and meet with
others who have known and loved Nick.

Dress code

Please wear what you feel comfortable in for the Memorial Service. There
is no need for black as it's not a funeral - it's a celebration of Nick's
life. Nick was known for his love of colourful ties, so I thought it would
be a nice touch if friends followed his example and wore a bright tie or
scarf.

Nicolas Palmer Vocal Scholarship

It is a fitting tribute to Nick that donations in his memory to Trinity
Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance will provide a vocal scholarship
for a talented young musician. ‘The Nicolas Palmer Scholar’ will be
nominated for merit and commitment and the scholarship will enable the
successful student to be fully immersed in his or her vocal studies.

To make a donation in Nicolas’ memory, you can:

Make a donation by cash or cheque (payable to ‘Trinity Laban’) as you
leave the Church or at the reception.   Please fill out the form on the
enclosed envelope if you are eligible for Gift Aid.

Donate online at www.trinitylaban.ac.uk/support-us/donate-now
<http://www.trinitylaban.ac.uk/support-us/donate-now>. Use the drop down
menu to select the designation ‘Nicolas Palmer Memorial’.

Send a cheque, payable to ‘Trinity Laban’, to Lydia Manuell, Trinity
Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, King Charles Court, Greenwich,
SE10 9JF, giving the reference ‘Nicolas Palmer Scholarship’.

Getting there

St Alfege Church is on the A206 one way system through the centre of
Greenwich.

The best way by far is to come by public transport. There are numerous
options and which you choose depends on where you are coming from:

·       Overground from Cannon Street Station to Greenwich - two stops,
trains every 10 minutes.  Please note trains do not stop at London Bridge.
(8 minutes walk)

·       Jubilee Line to North Greenwich Underground Station. From there
you can catch a 188 or a 129 bus to Greenwich Town Centre (10-15 mins on
the bus). There is also a taxi rank at the station.

·       Docklands Light Railway to Cutty Sark Gardens Station. (2 minutes
walk)

·       Overground from Charing Cross, Waterloo East, London Bridge or
Victoria to Blackheath.  From there you can catch a 386 bus (every 15
minutes from the stop at the top of the village overlooking the Heath -
allow 20 minutes on the bus depending on traffic) or take a taxi from the
side of the station. (15 minutes).

If you come by car be prepared for eye-wateringly high parking charges.
There is a car park in Burney Street.  It's an hourly rate of £2.50.  You
can park there for up to four hours but you need to pre-pay for how many
hours you want as it says you can't top up later. The on-street parking in
the centre is also a maximum stay of four hours but you can buy in 5
minute slots (20p each) making it £2.40 an hour.

There is no public parking at the Church, although you can drop people off
at the side entrance in Roan Street.

Disabled bays are available in Stockwell Street and in the Burney Street
car park. Blue Badge holders can also park free in any bay in the car park
or in a metered bay on the street for any length of time, or on a single
yellow line for up to three hours.

Watch out for residents or business bays, as if you park on those you will
surely get a fine.

Finally

I, together with Nick’s sister and family, look forward to welcoming
those of you who can come on Tuesday to say their last farewells to Nick.

Alison

Alison Palmer

--
forwarded by
   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users