Subject: moffo thaïs on cd
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:14:50 -0500

Hello all--

I just picked up a copy of the legendary Anna Moffo Thaïs on CD.  For those who may be wondering, and I think some were, there are no reproductions of the centerfold or the photo of her as a penitent.  The booklet has a plot summary but no comments on the recording itself.  The sticker on the cover describes it as "The long-awaited first authorised release of Anna Moffo's THAÏS on CD; A collector's item..."  The recording of course speaks for itself.

The amazon listing asks if perhaps it is time for a re-evaluation of this recording.  I will be curious to read the reviews, both the professional reviews and the ones on amazon and the like, although I don't really expect any surprises.

Mike Leone

Ecco il Leone!

Sent from my iPhone