Subject: Re: Next season at the Met
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 19 Feb 2017 11:29:35 -0700

They are all wonderful and I mean that but none of your trio is really in
anyway a Gobbi or MacNeil.  Gobbi was unique, one of a kind and Mac had a
grand big sound and incredible top that none of your trio can match.
Findley btw, has a most gorgeous sound and was fabulous this season as
Guillaume Tell.  I wish the Met used him more.  Kwiecien is a wonderful,
beautiful voice but it is still more lyric, not really for the big guns.
As for Hvorostovsky, I am afraid we will never see him back on stage.  I
fear his medical condition is much worse than is being said publicly.

Donald