Subject: Re: Lookin good
From: DK Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:05:41 -0500

As a matter of fact, there are many sculptures (and paintings) from ancient Greece
depicting men with beards.  It was the rule rather than the exception.  And they are not
all depictions of "aging philosophers and kings".  There are many, for example, of
warriors and some even of tradesmen.  It was Alexander the Great who introduced the
fashion of remaining clean-shaven past boyhood, and this lasted into Hellenistic times.
DK