Subject: Re: [Norton AntiSpam]Re: Next season at the Met
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Feb 2017 14:15:18 -0500

Iris has some sensational music--Hymn to the Sun is lovely--but the entire
score is somewhat uneven, the plot a bit strained, and the male characters
unappealing.  That said, this might be one opera that would benefit from a
modern interpretation, since the story seems largely symbolic and could be
malleable.