Subject: Re: Next season at the Met
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Feb 2017 10:03:43 -0700

My wish list would include Mascagni's Iris.  It was last done at the Met in
1931 with Elisabeth Rethberg, Beniamino Gigli, Giuseppe de Luca and Ezio
Pinza under Vincenzo Bellezza.  Obviously, we might have difficult casting
like that today but we have a few singers who could do it justice.  I love
the score and it would be nice to see it done.  Yes, I know it was done
this past summer at Bard Summerscape.  Casting?  Perhaps Ana Maria
Martinez, Maria Agresta or Carmen Giannatassio or Bryan Hymel or Joseph
Calleja as Osaka?

Donald