Subject: Re: Next season at the Met
From: Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Feb 2017 11:46:56 -0500

Hear, hear, Idia, those two operas (“Mefistofele” and “L’Amore dei Tre Re”)
have been on my wish list for a long time.

To those two I would add a third, Prokofiev’s “L’Amour des Trois Oranges,”
which I find irresistible.

But this beggars the question : has Peter Gelb ever even heard of “L’Amore
dei Tre Re” ?  Does he have people around him at the Met whose job it is to
suggest new productions or revivals?

Be that as it may, I am happy that the Met is reviving “Thaďs” and
“Cendrillon” after so many years.  I am planning to attend both, Deo
volente, as well as “Norma,” “Semiramide,” and “Lucia.”

Cheers and all the best,

Alain

Alain Letort
Washington, D.C.