Subject: Re: Next season at the Met
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Feb 2017 01:14:37 +0000

I don't think there is a listing of the individual dates yet.  I normally can't wait until the Met does make that announcement, and I just print out a blank calendar from the internet and start going through each opera of the season and writing in the names on the appropriate calendar dates, making sure to leave enough room to write two on Saturday.  It doesn't take as long as it might seem to do that, and then I'm set.  I'm not wealthy so I have to plan my NYC trips way in advance, preferably as soon as Southwest announces that they are selling tickets on those dates.
As for the comment about the SNL sketches, that may very well be true; I haven't seen most of them.  However, I still love Stuart Saves His Family.
I only found out about the season when Mary Jo Heath and William Berger mentioned it at the beginning of tonight's broadcast, since I haven't been to opera-l since the season was announced.  I'll be listening with great interest during the intermission tonight when they discuss the season in depth, although I have already pretty much decided which operas I am going to see.
Mike Leone
[log in to unmask] il Leone1