Subject: Fwd: Next season at the Met
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Feb 2017 15:30:15 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: Next season at the Met
To: william kasimer <[log in to unmask]>

I "appreciate" the music too; that should be clear to anyone who read
the message I posted at 8:37 this morning  which is a distillation of how
I feel about much of Mozart's vocal music, nor am I alone in my failure to
place him high among operatic composers.  DON GIOVANNI and DIE
ZAUBERFLOTE are the only two of his stage works that I personally
cherish, but not without reservations about pieces like "Non mi dir" which
is every bit as showy as the much admired "Come scoglio" from COSI but
always sounds impossible to perform; in my head I transcribe it for piano.

dtmk