Subject: Cosi fan Tutte
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Feb 2017 11:15:25 -0500

I am among the huge number of people who see opera
as, primarily, a musical experience. Stories are pretty much
an excuse for writing great music, and very few are totally
credible. To that end and -

In that context, I find Cosi a magnificent work, one that I have
enjoyed in live performance at least a dozen times. It is short
on dramatic truth, but it has its moments. "Fra gli amplessi"
is, dramatically and musically, as gorgeous as anything I know.
The score is a remarkable combination of duets, trios, other
ensembles and solo turns. I never tire of it!

Bravo, Mozart!

Bob