Subject: Re: Next season at the Met
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Feb 2017 08:37:41 -0500

Wasn't the deafness progressive?  But even if he never "heard" any of
COSI, (which there may have been far less opportunity to do than
there is now)  Beethoven could probably read and imagine music
better than anyone else who ever lived.

The thing that impresses me with Mozart is the interchangeability
of everything he wrote: I can easily hear arias in his piano concerti
and piano concerti in some of the unsingable vocal music.  By the time
the 27th piano concerto was written, he was getting really good at it;
there's probably enough good music in COSI for four or five more.  I only
wish . . . .

dtmk