Subject: Re: Next season at the Met
From: Peter Withey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Feb 2017 09:56:10 +0000

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 04:04:30 -0500
Jon Goldberg wrote:

> ...with Netrebko as Nina and Grigolo as Usnavi, I'm sure? (And the Met orchestra struggling to
> play Alex Lacamoire's brilliant but demanding salsa-infused orchestrations? This isn't Mozart,
> cats...) My god, man, I'd surely rather have Cosi on Coney Island, lol - no matter how insipid
> that does indeed sound. ;-)

FWIW Some reviews when the "Coney Island" Cosi was performed by ENO at
The Coliseum in 2014. There are others if you search for them

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/opera/10837991/Cosi-fan-tutte-ENO-review-amiable-and-colourful.html

or  http://tinyurl.com/jguvkzh

http://artsmeme.com/2014/05/21/cosis-coney-island-conjuring-the-eno/

http://www.theartsdesk.com/opera/cos%C3%AC-fan-tutte-english-national-opera