Subject: Re: Cosi
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Feb 2017 00:02:40 -0600

I'd appreciate Cosi a lot more if it were about forty-five minutes shorter.  There's some gorgeous music in it, but I find the story kind of silly and the characters rather stiff, and it goes on for too long.  Fiordiligi is a tough part, and woe betide a less than top notch soprano who has to sing "Come Scoglio".  What a bravura piece THAT is!