Subject: Re: Next season at the Met
From: Jay & Ralph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Feb 2017 18:59:35 -0500

Serendipitously I saw Cosi staged in a 1950's soda shop
(all red and white of course) last night at POP.
(Pacific Opera Project
http://www.pacificoperaproject.com/)

Major liberties were taken with the super titles
but it was quite entertaining.

More ‘old hat’ from the majors trying to be ‘hip’...

POP will do Lucia at Forest Lawn Cemetery in the Fall.

----- Dennis Ryan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi, Y'all!
>     This new "Cosi," not my favorite opera in the first  place, sounds
> simply GHASTLY--a prime example of why and how the Met cannot get  butts into
> seats. But most of the rest sounds intriguing and attractive.
SNIP