Subject: don't miss DC's DEAD MAN WALKING which opens February 25!
From: Alan Savada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Feb 2017 17:20:08 -0500

Today I had the supreme pleasure of attending a rehearsal at the Washington National Opera's Takoma Park Studio for the upcoming production of Dead Man Walking which opens at the Kennedy Center on February 25. I took this opportunity for many reasons, but foremost was my love of this great modern work that (as I can it) will be a truly memorable and important production of the opera. I have seen multiple productions of Dead Man Walking including the world premiere production at San Francisco Opera By Jake Heggie & Terrence McNally, and it is indeed an impressive work both musically and dramatically that I try not to miss when it is performed nearby. I am thrilled that WNO has finally brought this work to DC for its local premiere and even happier that I have so many friends and colleagues involved in it. Michael Mayes plays Joseph DeRocher in what is sure to become a definitive portrayal. He is joined by mezzo Kate Lindsey as Sister Helen and the original production's Sister Helen, Susan Graham, now moves into the role of Joseph's mother. they are joined by a super talented team which includes Jacqueline Echols & Wayne Tigges and a team of talented Young Artists all directed by Francesca Zambello. Folks--simply said-DON'T MISS THIS!

ALAN SAVADA of Washington, DC