Subject: Re: Sopranos
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:40:30 -0500

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 20:18:31 +1300, Garry F Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi Folks
>Without starting a war of words, I was wondering who Listers would say
>was the most outstanding (for use of a better phrase) American born
>Soprano and British born Soprano?
>Auckland, New Zealand

To the list

The original question had only one criterion -
American and British BORN!

You may consider Callas Greek and she may have considered herself
some version of Greek, but she was born in NYC, so it leaves her very
much IN. English is a fine language; it should be better understood.

BTW, Eva Turner made  some impressive recordings, which are not
reflective of a very mediocre career.

Modify your settings: