Subject: Re: RIP Nicolai Gedda
From: Sylvia Rienzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Feb 2017 13:44:27 -0500

This brings up one of my favorite opera memories, Gedda and Sills paired in Manon at San Francisco Opera in early 70s.  I was already a fan of Sills, but this made me a fan of Gedda.  I remember so well that I couldn't sleep for hours after returning home, flooded with the emotions their performance created.  Wonderful!

Sent from Alto

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 Frank Cadenhead wrote

We lost a true legend yesterday. One of my examples of a truly towering artist. He
was 91.

Frank Cadenhead