Subject: Re: Soprano Favs (also, Leoncavallo La Boheme)
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Feb 2017 18:29:21 -0500

One of my favorites, especially in the commercial recording of Leoncavallo's La Boheme.  Speaking of the latter, did anyone else seethe production decades ago at the unreconstructed Beacon Theater on Broadway?  The mob in front of the theater waiting to buy tickets revealed  to me the strength of the second repertory in opera.  My wife and I drove down from Boston for the performance and were to pick up the tickets at the b.o.  Apparently, we were the only ones or two of the very few from out of state that purchased tickets and had them held, as when someone outside with the company heard who we were, we were escorted through the mob to pick up our tickets.

Best from Boston.
Ray Gouin

***